Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Slow and Steady Wins the Race....NOT

I don't even know what to say about today. All I know is that I showed up and put the work in. I came in pretty much dead last next to two people that have injuries so that doesn't even count. Some days you have it and some days you don't...

It's funny because "they" say that many of your insecurities come from events that happened in your childhood. I don't know who follows regularly but a while back I told this story about a field day event in the 5th grade where I ran a XCountry race and I came in last and a mother of the girl that finished right before me said " that's OK honey at least you didn't come in last," which in turn at 9 years old made me feel horrible about myself...at the time I didn't know what bothered me more, the fact that I came in last and someone hurt my feelings, or I was the only kid without a parent there...let me make it clear I was NINE and I get now that my parents were working to provide a good life for me...

The point of the recap is that since that day in the 5th grade I have always had this fear of coming in last....Ultimately, do you know how ridiculous that sounds!! Who really care what place someone comes in at CROSSFIT, or a Race, or anything...it's actually pretty laughable when you think about it...oh well, I am human and have a million and one insecurities, coming in last happens to be one of them...




Running WOD
running in Crossfit....see xfit wod

Workout of the Day
Wednesday=Crossfit Delray Beach

Group Warmup:
250 M ROW
10 PUSH UPS
10 SIT UPS
10 AIR SQUATS
x 2 ROUNDS

Technique & Development: DIPS

Beginner Progression (Banded or Jumping):

DIPS @ 3011; 4-6 Reps; 5 Sets; Rest in Rotation
Working 3 Count Negative, Shoulders dip below elbow crease, Press up to full ext.

Advanced Progression: Strict & Weighted - Find 1RM Weighted Dip (Stationary)

WOD: FRAN-MENTED

3 ROUNDS:
7 THRUSTERS (95/65)
7 PULL UPS
AND FINISH WITH:
1 x 200 M RUN.

REST 2 MINUTES AND RECORD TIME.
My Time=4:48 

3 ROUNDS:
5 THRUSTERS
5 PULL UPS
AND FINISH WITH:
1 x 400 M RUN.

REST 2 MINUTES AND RECORD TIME.
My Time=12:15

3 ROUNDS:
3 THRUSTERS
3 PULL UPS
AND FINISH WITH:
1 x 800 M RUN.
My Time=22:53
  
Weight= 53lbs

**Time was on a continuously running clock

No comments:

Post a Comment