Wednesday, March 3, 2010

ughhhhh

Of course because of my sleep issues I did not fall asleep until 4am.  I did not go running before work because I had ZERO rest...My shins were killing me after todays workout so I rowed and then went in the pool and swam laps....while I was there I figured I would go in the steam room too! LOL

Workout of the Day
 Wednesday=Crossfit Delray Beach & 24hr fitness 

Warmup
1000 M Row

Technique & Development: THE PRESSES
1. WARMUP DRILL for 3 ROUNDS:
Seated on floor, legs straight out in front, feet flexed, torso tall. Every SECOND on the SECOND DO: Seated Shoulder Press (PVC) (60 secs) + 200 M Run

2. PRESS DRILL: 
A. 20 Shoulder Press (45/33/22#) + max rep PUSH UP
B. 20 Push Press (add 10 pounds) + max rep PUSH UP
C. 20 Push Jerk (add 10 pounds) + max rep PUSH UP (record total # push ups)

3. 3 RM: (3-3-3) 
Moving up in weight each set, determine your 3RM for PRESS of choice

My TOTAL MAX Weight for Push Press= 55lbs 


WOD: 12 MIN AMRAP
12 LATERAL JUMPS over a 45lb plate

12 MULE KICKS
12 DOUBLE UNDERS (5:1 Singles)
** Double unders are jump rope


Cool Down
800meter  run


24 Hour Fitness Workout
10 min jog
1000meter row
10 laps in the pool  

**I was supposed to run 8miles today and I couldn't do it on the treadmill. It was AWFUL. I am going to run 4miles today,  and 8miles tomorrow.




3 comments:

  1. Have you looked into orthotics to supplement your running shoes? I've been running regularly and I no longer get the shin splints and heal & knee pains that I used to get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should look into the Orthotics....I don't know why all of a sudden I am getting these problems. I have never had them before. When did you start running regularly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I upgraded to 24hr Super Sport last year and started taking a variety of classes, including Boot Camps. By doing so, I realized my lack of conditioning. So I started running. Though nothing hardcore like you. As for orthotics, I'd recommend PowerStep, Lynco, or Superfeet. I use PowerStep Pinnacles and prefer them over my custom orthotics. Works great for my low arches & over-pronation. Although the other brands offer more selection.

    ReplyDelete