Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Nerves

In this picture are the girls that soooo happily volunteered to take a trip to LAS VEGAS!!! for my marathon in December.... It was freeezzzing, so we decided to go back in MAY! LOL...

I am getting very nervous about the race being only 60 days away....I have been doing a COMPLETELY different training regimen that I am used to... I am wayyyy out of my comfort zone.

I have been Crossfiting, weight training, and been doing sprint work which is supposed to translate into slower distance....however, I have been keeping my long runs in now that my knee is feeling a little better.

I am going to try and wake up to do my 8miler in the morning before I go to work. I have such major sleep issues that it is very difficult for me to get up and go running before work. I hope that the people that are so nice to come watch me in May are not disappointed if I get a bad time.


Workout of the Day
Monday=Crossfit Delray Beach

Warmup: 
3 ROUNDS: 
10 AIR Squats 
10 second seated hip stretch / 
10 AIR Squats
3 FORWARD ROLLS (gym mats) 
30 second HANDSTAND HOLD

Technique & Development: THRUSTER (3-3-3)

"Rob's WOD"

4 ROUNDS - Each round is timed exactly 2.5 minutes. There is a ONE MINUTE REST between rounds. In each round complete:

200 M RUN
10 THRUSTERS
Max. Rep BURPEES 

My Weight =73lbs
My Burpies=16

Cool Down
800 Meter run 

Quote of the Day 
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever, win without a fight"--Rush (the Band)

2 comments:

  1. we don't care about your time. your motivation and determination are very insiprational to me. I can't even imagine moving my body for 26.2 miles. We are proud of you no matter what!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww Erin Thank You!! You are so sweet! you could do a marathon, it's no different then training for any other race...it's just a build up of mileage over time just like the other races :-)

    ReplyDelete