Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Proposition

After the past week or so running short distances I feel like my knee and shins fell a thousand times better. I might almost be ready to go out for a 3 miler soon. For several weeks now I have been rowing instead of running mostly to stay in active rest for my knee. I have, however, been running 1 mile and the shorter distances on 800meters and 400 meters. I am VERY excited to get back into my marathon training in the next few weeks providing my knee is 100% recovered!!!

Tonight's workout was so fun. It was challenging yet entertaining to participate in! It was like musical chairs only with barbells. If you didn't get a barbell in time you had to do burpees and NO ONE enjoys doing burpees. I was a total sneak and definitely stole the bar from someone even if they were waiting for it! LOL..isn't that the point of the game! I am soooo loving Crossfit!

Lastly, tonight I was emailed a PROPOSITION.  I have always noticed that when someone starts a sentence with "I have a PROPOSITION for you" it can never be god! LOL...my first reaction was "Ohhh God, what is it going to be?" I ACCEPTED the PROPOSITION..stay tuned for tomorrow for more details ;-)....

Workout of the Day
Tuesday=Crossfit Delray Beach

Warmup: Burgener's Warmup / Review Power Snatch w/ PVC
500meter Row
10 Overhead Passes
10 Front Squats
Technique & Development: M.E DEADLIFT (3-3-3-3-3)
WOD:  "Musical Snatches"
100 M Run
10 Power Snatch* (#45, 35, 22)
AMRAP=As many rounds as possible in 12 Minutes

RULES: At the start of the WOD, there will be 2 bars less than # of people in class - on the floor. They will range in weight from #45 / #35 / #22.  When you get back from the run, you will race to get a bar first and do your 10 Snatches. If you don't get a bar, you do BURPEES until one opens up! Throughout the WOD, bars will disappear - to make things more competitive.

My Total Rounds=9

No comments:

Post a Comment