Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Proposition Details

Yesterday I told you that I had a proposition and I accepted.  It's a 30day change of lifestyle that will hopefully change my life permanently.  I also get bummed out that I feel like I workout and run more than ANYONE I know. Truth is that working out and running is only 10% of fitness and clean eating is 90%.  (NOTE-that is just me talking not a scientific fact that I looked up).

Starting April 1, 2010, myself and fellow Crossfitter Marina will be doing a STRICT Paleo "Diet"..I put "DIET" in parentheses because I don't mean "diet" as in weight loss but "diet" as a way of eating. The Paleo diet in simplest terms is eating exactly the way our ancestors(caveman) ate.  When I say eat exactly the way our cavemen ate I mean real food like real food – meat, eggs, vegetables, nuts, seeds, fruit, oils.  There will be ZERO dairy including butter, cheese, yogurt and milk, NO grains or legumes, NO sugars of any kind real or processed, ZERO processed foods at all, and the HARDEST of them all NO ALCOHOL or COFFEE!!

For more information about this PROPOSITION you can go to this link and check it out: http://www.urbangetsdiesel.com/2009/07/change-your-life-in-thirty-days.html.

I will post my weight and measurements on April 1st and then on May 1st to prove that eating Paleo works!

The one thing that I love about Crossfit is that the program really does make you accountable for not only the exercise portion but the EATING well portion too.  I think it is great that the trainers are readily accessible anytime you need help with a movement or just a question about nutrition. On Thursdays you can even schedule at NO EXTRA CHARGE a 1/2hr personal 1 on 1 session with Q(our instructor) on personal development in Crossfit. Q has given me several tips on MARATHONING and healing my knee. He's great. This community of people are so amazing.

Moving on to the workout portion of today, it was CRAZY CHALLENGING!  Everyone was put in pairs but like always I was paired last(LOL) and my group was the only group with 3 people so we had double the work. 2 of us had to hold a 83lb bar while the other partner did 3 Thrusters, 5 Burpees, and 7 pull ups...I know you must be saying that it sounds easy but IT's NOT! You arms start to burn after a while. We had to hold the bar twice as long because I was the extra person which means 1 more person to switch off and do the thrusters, burpees, and pull ups. It was fun tho!

PS. only a few more weeks and I can distance run again!!

WORKOUT OF THE DAY
Wednesday=Crossfit Delray Beach

Warmup
500meter row
10 overhead passes
10 torso twists
10 front squats
10 push presses
Technique & Development: M.E SHOULDER PRESS (3-3-3-1-1)
WOD: "WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER" - PARTNER AMRAP 12 MINUTES
PARTNER 1: 3 Thrusters (#115 / 75) + 5 Burpees + 7 Pull Ups
WHILE PARTNER 2: 1 Deadlift (#185 / 135) - HOLD WEIGHT IN "UP" POSITION THEN SWITCH.
PERFORM AS MANY ROUNDS AS POSSIBLE - AS A TEAM - IN 12 MINUTES. IF PARTNER 2 (DL) DROPS THE BAR - PARTNER 1 MUST ADD 1 REP OF EACH EXERCISE TO HIS / HER SET.

Our Total Rounds=6

4 comments:

  1. WHOA! Now that diet is taking old school...and by old school I mean prehistoric....are you allowed to eat dinosaurs on this diet :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like my bronto-burger medium rare with a side of almonds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tino I don't think Bronto-burgers at Denny's..lol

    ReplyDelete