Saturday, February 13, 2010

Race Night!

I say this every single Crossfit workout but today we had the HARDEST workout EVER! I seriously can not move! LOL...

On a brighter note I switched out my Asics GT-2140's for the new model today 2150...I am not sure that I am going to be happy with my decision to run a race with brand new sneakers but I really couldn't run another mile in my old shoes....the cool thing is that with the Shoe Insurance I purchased at Sports Authority they give you a credit if your shoe is on sale. I went to renew my Insurance for $10 and the shoe was on sale for $94.99 instead of $99.99 and they gave me a $5 credit!! My total bill was $5.99 for a BRAND NEW PAIR of ASICS... How awesome is that!

I am not to happy about getting up at 6am on a Sunday, but oh well....I am going to try to sleep early tonight but I know that is not going to happen. Sophie Dog has been SNORING up a storm lately, and the cat well she is a whole different story.  She has be a night owl lately...playing and catching little Florida lizards that she has been bringing to me like I owe her a prize or something....I often wonder how those little buggers even get in my house! GRUHHHH-OSSS! LOL...Sophie is such a great dog though, I couldn't ask for a better dog...they both bring so much joy in my life...and they are great movie partners on the couch!

***Note: Sports Authority does not offer the Shoe Insurance on children shoes. Adult shoes only.

I am nervous right now for some reason...I think I am nervous because Mr. Shortstop said that he was going to run at "my pace"...that puts wayyyyy too much pressure on me...LOL...I like running alone isn't that weird??? I guess I feel like if I don't do well I only have myself to blame but if someone else is running with me and THEY don't do well that I am responsible for ME and Them...It will all work out..

Workout of the Day
Saturday=Crossfit Delray Beach
Run=light 2miles due to race tomorrow

"FILTHY FIFTY" (FOR TIME)
50 Box jump, 24 inch box
50 Jumping pull-ups
50 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood
50 Walking Lunge, 50 steps
50 Knees to elbows
50 Push press, 45 pounds
50 Back extensions
50 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
50 Burpees
50 Double unders

Total Time: 33:53

P.S. I truly HATE Burpies.
  
Quote of the Day 
"Most people run a race to see who is fastest. I run a race to see who has the most guts."   - Steve Prefontaine

2 comments:

  1. love the filthy fifty... one of my favs! also known as the chuck norris :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Filthy Fifty too!!! My second FAVORITE is racing the deck of cards with a partner!!

    ReplyDelete