Thursday, September 2, 2010

800 Meter Sprints=Not My Friend

800 meter sprints are not my thing!! Actually, "not my thing" is an understatement...I should say that 800 meter sprints are my arch nemesis. Honestly, ever since high school I have NEVER been able to acclimate myself to them...they always seem to be very awkward for me...

I was blindsided with these 800 meters!! Here is the deal, at Crossfit today we had to run on a continuously running clock four 800meter sprints. For example, 0-8mins- run 800 meters, 8-16mins run another 800meters sooo if you ran an 800meter in 4 minutes you would have 4 minutes rest...well here is the deal in your "rest" period you have to do FIVE 135lb deadlifts...everyone's deadlift weight was different but mine was 135lbs...people like me who don't run very fast annnddd have to deadlift in between makes for a VERY short rest period! LOL....Today's running workout was not my friend!!

Workout of the Day
Wednesday=Crossfit Delray Beach

Warmup 
Today's Group Warmup and Technique & Development will be worked simultaneously during the first 20 minutes of class. First the COACH will do demos as explained below, then the class will work until warm.

A: COACH DEMONSTRATION AND SET UP
1. Review Foot Clamp and Hand Positions. Review Descending Planks.
2. Review DEADLIFT (Stance, Grip, Position)

B: CLASS WARMUP / TECH & DEVELOPMENT (ROPES & DL)

3 ROUNDS:
 250 M ROW
7 DEADLIFTS (Add weight each round, this is warmup up to working weight)
Hip Extension Stretch (Knee against wall, see K-Star video)
Quad Stretch / Hamstring Release
Calf Stretch / Ankle Rotation
25 M High Knees / 25 M Butt Kicks
1 ROPE CLIMB

Running Workout
4x800 meter run
in between each 800 meter 5reps of 135lb deadlifts
This WOD will be worked with a continuously running clock. You will start an 800 M RUN every 8 MINUTES. Record times for each of your efforts.

0:00 - 8:00 - 800 M RUN (Record time, rest until next effort)
8:00 - 16:00 - 800 M RUN
16:00 - 20:00 - 800 M RUN
20:00 - 24:00 - 800 M RUN

My Times
4:56
5:00
4:59
4:50

I was one of the slowest ones ALL day LMAO!! Ohh well those are 10min mile times and that's what I run so I accept it...



2 comments: